Monday, January 22, 2007

My Tin Can


This trailer - or, "R.V." as I am told, has been my home for the last six months. I was living in my lambing trailer, but Matt came home with this 20 year old gem, purchased from some farmers in western New Jersey. He bought some cantaloupes from them on the side of the road and spied this trailer in the brush. The rest is history...or, I wish it was history. I will be living in this glorified tin can until my barn apartment is ready, which may be another month or so. The water lines freeze regularly, which makes getting ready for work after barn chores very challenging. Two little electric heaters, and six dogs, make it warm enough to be comfortable - as long as the power is on. Life on the frontier is rough!

1 comment:

Judy said...

A friend of mine sent me a link to your site. She said I could commiserate with you as I am also living in a 23 ft Taurus RV while building our house. We did frame in and insulate the attached screen room and boarded up underneath which helped stop the freezing pipes and gave us some extra room. The man, 2 kids, 1 cat, 2 dogs and I call it home until the house is done. We should have moved in already but....will be in by Spring which is only 44 days away. It is a pain but in the end I won't owe anything on the house and I have something to go on vacation in!!! Oh I have 2 finn sheep, 1 romanov sheep, 1 angora and 1 saanen goat, chickens and ducks.