Sunday, January 04, 2015

Gray and Damp


My internal alarm clock woke me up at six.  I did the best I could to stay up later but was gone by about one.  The rain washed away the little snow we had and it's still misting.  Mia gave me a Barnes and Noble gift card for Christmas and I used it to buy myself two full pounds of French Roast coffee.  I have a slow brewing button on the coffee maker so the water really soaks up the grounds.  When it's done I add another cup of water and turn it on again.  I still get good coffee.  Annie gave me another frother so the foam really stands up to the Joe.  A sprinkle of Vietnamese cinnamon from my sheep friend's Enchanted Pantry and away we go.  Love the stuff.  There is so much I want to do today on the farm I don't know where to start.  Sipping my coffee while staring into the flames is a good place to start.  I have a bag of mohair at my feet,  Sifting through the fibers is very meditative for me.  Back to work tomorrow.  Will take a bit of getting used to after two weeks off.  Wish I could have spent more time in Maine with the grand kids, and Matt would have been on board with it, but I sensed it was time to go.  I was already taking up too much room on the sofa, so to speak.  Another reason why I keep my life so rich and busy around here.  When lambs come I won't know how many fingers I'm holding up in front of me.  Better get things done now.

No comments: