Sunday, August 03, 2014

Swedish Pancakes


Luke asked for Swedish pancakes for dinner tonight.  No problem for me as I have plenty of my own fresh farm chicken eggs, Meadow Butter, and a jug of NY State maple syrup.  My Swedish Opa made pancakes for me ever since I can remember.  Luke was pleased with the huge plate of pancakes I put in front of him.  The heavenly aroma was the perfect primer.   Here is the recipe:

Opa's Swedish Pancakes:

Ingredients:

One dozen farm fresh eggs
Two heaping tablespoons of all-purpose flour
One can of evaporated milk, or a cup of whole milk
Tablespoon of cinnamon
Teaspoon of nutmeg
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper
One stick of real butter

Directions:

Melt the stick of butter in the frying pan, reserve
Crack the dozen eggs into the blender container
Add flour, spices, salt and pepper
Add milk, turn blender on low
While blending, pour in melted butter
Cook pancakes by pouring small amounts of batter in the pan.  Batter will be runny.  Flip over and encourage the pancakes to curl up.   Douse with maple syrup, enjoy.  Swedish pancakes can also be served with jam, yogurt or sour cream.  

No comments: