Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sheep in the Mist




Monday after work I was tired and feeling a bit out of sorts. Back to back weekend shows and lots of pushing hard driving through the night to get back to the farm takes a toll on me. I love the wool shows. That's where I connect with all the folks who are totally into what I do and many do it themselves. There was a fine misty rain falling but I went up on the hill with the dogs and mingled with the sheep. Watching the moms with their lambs and kids, noisily munching on the grass, tearing chunks of it off the ground, well, it straightened me right out. My land is so pretty, with all the dips and nooks and crannies, with the lush, green ridge rising up behind it, and makes for the classic "bucolic setting." I spent a good deal of time out there in the mist, letting all the stress of the world seep away.

2 comments:

Henya said...

Love you photos! The top one is out of this world!

Cornerstone Fibres said...

You should enter the middle one at Rhinebeck for photos -love the look of the fog and the flock!
HUGS
Kim