Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Another Future Project - The Sylvi Coat



I've wanted to knit this sweater for a couple of years now. I saw it on a postcard ad by Twist Collective and it was love at first sight. This coat has an attached hood and has beautiful raised flowers, leaves and vines running down the back. I know patterns go out of print and disappear into yarn oblivion, so I was concerned about finding it after all this time. I emailed Twist Collective and immediately got back a message from the owner telling me exactly what I described to her. It is called "Sylvi" by Mari Muionenen (that sounds Finnish to me). I will need a boat load of yarn for this sweater, and I would like it to be red like the sample. I know I can spin the red yarn, but my yarn has a pesky left hand slant to it that causes trouble with patterns. I have to rehabilitate my spinning before I can start on difficult patterns. Fantasies are free, right?

No comments: