Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Letters for Mommie



We wrote letters home to Annie today. What fun for me, the Teacher Omi, to see the Little Ones, heads bent over their work, doing their best handwriting. This is the first time I've seen Luke writing anything extensive, and I'm VERY impressed. Hannah's letter was illuminated by glitter pens. I know Mom will be thrilled when she sees the lovely colorful envelope in the mail box! I can turn anything into a social studies lesson, so we talked about postage rates (my stamps were outdated) then took a trip to the Brookfield Post Office! How wonderful - especially the part about Izzy making it all the way to B'field and back without barfing in my truck. We are making gains in that department! After a stop at the Brookfield General Store, we returned to the farm for some brownie making. My grandchildren are definitely chocoholics, poor kids. It runs in the family.

No comments: