Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Detroit Princess Comes to Brookfield






It's happening! Miss Janipat is coming to Brookfield! A mile long driveway is being installed as I type. Trucks and tractors going across the field all day long. Driveways have come a long way since I was kid and we just dumped gravel in the mud. Jan and her husband are starting with a pole barn and apt., then breaking ground on an expansive "green" home later. She will officially be the caretaker of the Founding Farmers cemetery, where Lydia and Elisha Burdick rest. They were Puritans from Rhode Island who broke ground here almost 200 years ago. An awesome responsibility that Jan is eager to take on. I'm glad they are in good hands!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I'll bet the plastic helps prevent the grass from growing up in your gravel. Wish I had known about this before we built our barn drive.
Loving your grandkids, they are so cute.