Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Giddy Up






Hannah and Luke had riding lessons at Barb Taylor's Tack and Field yesterday. Oh, what a glorious three hours we spent at her spotlessly clean and beautiful stable. Happy, healthy horses, kitties, puppies romping, what else could you want? Barb is one of my favorite people in CNY - always friendly, calm, confident and dedicated to making your riding experience as safe and correct as possible. After saying hello to the other horses in the stable, the kids groomed their lesson horse. Hannah and Luke both rode TyBaby, an Appaloosa/Paint mare. Another student around Hannah's age was riding Qudy, Hannah's lesson horse from last year. Qudy is more "whoah than go" and TyBaby is more "go than whoah." Luke rode around the arena for a while and even took the reins for a round. Hannah is coming along beautifully, and I could see her equestrian persona coming out. She loosened up and really got into the ride. Barb let her take the reins and trot at will. I was in heaven watching her. Hannah has the perfect equestrian body, long legs and slim torso - and is just plain gorgeous on horseback. I dream of having horses in my barn for my grandchildren to ride. If I could just get this hay debacle straightened out...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hallalueha (spelling?) How fantastic to see the kids back on horseback! They always have such a good time with Omi --- all those wonderful things she lines up for them to do! Someday I'm sure you'll have a horse or 2 for them and you .......