Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fly Away Kids






I got us out of the house just late enough to make it a nervous ride to the airport. I wasn't sure of the way, and there are three highways in quick succession after a long ride on route 20. The weather was good, and the kids were sleepy. We got checked in with enough time to have a nice lunch at the airport McD's, which Hannah and Luke were happy about. I am so lucky to have had them for a month, and realize they want to get back to their parents, but it's so hard to see them go. I waited until the plane left, then I got lost on the way home, unbelievably, and the rains came down. Luke's little bed was still on the sofa, and, well, you can imagine how low I feel. It makes me happy to know they are having a week's vacation at Ocean City, Md., with their parents who flew in from LV today, then another week with their very patient "other grandma," also on the beach. Playing on the beach all day, out to dinner every night, having their parents and extended family all to themselves, away from jobs and worries. Just heavenly... From mountain ponds and streams to the ocean, how very lovely.

No comments: