Saturday, July 05, 2008

Farmer's Market






Up early to load up the truck for the Hamilton market. Matt took the kids to McDonald's for breakfast while I set up. Luke slept away most of the morning while Hannah shopped. The weather was perfect - cool and a little cloudy. I love the way this market tends to get busy later, leaving me time to get things together. Lots of nice people. I gave Hannah my camera to take some shots and she got some cute ones. Hannah and Luke played in the fountains and found things to buy - no trouble there. They bought beeswax candles, pine tree and pine cone shaped, key chains, and several pieces of beaded jewelry for Hannah. Omi bought several boxes of blueberries from NJ and raspberries grown in NY from the farmer across from my space. They are heavenly! He says he will have six weeks of raspberries and I am hoping to make jam for the first time in my life. Home to let the sheep out, relax a bit, chase the sheep back into their field, do chores, then head for the pond again. If we can find enough scrap wood we'll have another fire. I am so fond of our nightly camp fire. I might collapse before then...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Hannah and Luke had the farmer's market thing down pat! Bet Matt loves the Mickey D too!

You'll love the raspberry jam and it is easy to make. Try making some syrup at the same time. Fantastic with buttermilk pancakes on a cold winter morning!

I think Chris needs a good talking to when it comes to his choices of tour guide and leading the sheep over hill and dale .... Just when you thought you had a bodyguard, you get a jail-breaker! Keep the truck in gear ..

Crazy Lady with purple fingers said...

I am so enjoying your adventures with your grandchildren and all your animals, I remember back when my grandsons were small and all the adventures we had with the farm animals, they are the best memories, enjoy them, they grow up too fast. Love all the pictures!!