Monday, December 10, 2007

Maternity Ward


Dulce looks pregnant. There is a hollow under her backbone and a beach ball on either side of her. She is standing in front of me and staring at me, as if she is trying to tell me something. Minerva also looks very full, too full, with the hollow under her back bone. Minerva had twin ram lambs last year. She is part Cheviot and a wonderful sheep. When she was a young ewe she would run in leaps and bounds across the field, typical of the Cheviot athleticism. I noticed another black ewe rather large, and God knows who else is pregnant. I'm a little annoyed with Matt who kept insisting the rams are "shooting blanks" due to the heat and nothing would happen. I really did want to take the year off, or just breed a select two or three. I'm surprised I didn't see any mating activity! I have to get the lamb sweaters ready.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute face!

Anonymous said...

well i guess i'd better get my knitting fingers flying!

and yes, what a cute face with little bulges in the middle.

hugs,

:) jan