Monday, October 19, 2015

Rhinebeck 2015

NY State Sheep and Wool has come and gone for 2015.  This magical show should be called "Farm Aid" as it clears my hay debt for this year and basically validates everything I do to support the farm.  Kim and Daryl met me at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds and helped me set up my shop.  It's no easy feat to pack and transport a farm store in a mini van.  My faithful friends did most of the lifting and toting.  We wrapped soap in the motel room Friday night after stopping at WM to buy another folding table.  I forgot how much room I had in my booth.  Not a problem for Daryl and Kim as they love to shop stateside and bring the loot home to Canada.  Saturday morning dawned cool and sunny.  The crowds came and I sat at the little table full of Shepherd's Friend Hand Creme and watched as  my hard work of the past few weeks was picked up by my patrons and carried off.

 

No comments: