Friday, October 09, 2015

Birthday



Mia came to celebrate my birthday.  She brought me a whipped cream strawberry filled cake from the Swiss Chalet Bakery in Morristown.  Aside from the from-scratch German Chocolate Cake my mother made for me this is my favorite birthday cake.  We took it to Michael's Fine Food on Route 20 in Sangerfield, a cozy setting where they expect you to spend the evening and relax.  Mia also brought sparklers to put on the cake, a first for me.  It was quite the spectacle when the waiters came out singing with the sparklers blazing.  The next day my cake was covered with bits of metal.  No problem - I just scraped it off.  Mia surprised me with lots of goodies, including a mother lode of good from her apartment.  She is moving and couldn't take a lot of stuff with her.  I am now the grateful recipient of most of the Shabby Chic furniture I gave to her three years ago when we furnished her Madison apartment out of my tractor shed.  She also gifted me with electronics and some real classy pots and pans.  Best of all she gave me her almost new sectional sofa which actually fits perfectly in my tiny living space.  The dogs are getting used to it, although I see them gazing longingly at their old Salvation Army sofas that are on the burn pile waiting for a match.  I am thrilled to get the beautiful lined curtains I made for Mia's apartment which had lovely large high windows.  The yards and yards of luxurious fabric will be cut down to cover my little windows and keep out the icy wind.  I love my daughter...

No comments: