Saturday, February 11, 2012

Fur Ball Tonight

The Fur Ball at the Canasawacta Country Club benefits the Chenango County Human Society.  It's the biggest, glitziest affair around these parts and I am holding two very hot tickets.  "Splash" will provide the music and the dance floor will be jumping through the night. I donated a Maggie's Farm basket of goodies to the Silent Auction, the proceeds of which will benefit the homeless dogs and cats of the area.   I'm planning on wearing the same dress I wore to Mia's wedding reception.  I'm hoping to avoid the same wardrobe malfunction, as in shoes, when I had to run up to my room and exchange my fancy heels for my trusty clogs.   This morning I'll be travelling to the wilds of North Brookfield to search for better hay for my sheep.  The farmer down the road gave me a lead on some hay available on Gorton Lake Road.  My goat friend Susie Miele told me about some good hay in Sherburne.  I meant to avoid all this again this year, but here we are.  Gotta deal.  I'm looking forward to a five day break at the end of next week, when I'll be able to spend some time with my sheep and do some work around here.  Between chores and school I don't get a whole heck of a lot done.

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Have a wonderful time!!!!!
good luckin the hay search :)
HUGs to all
Kim and the crew