Sunday, February 05, 2012

Angora Half Mitts

Kimmie Cornerstone spun and knit these beautiful 100% angora hand warmers for me.  They got me through shearing in a cold barn yesterday, keeping my hands from cramping while leaving my fingers able to clip 120 or hooves.  I just wore them while climbing the hill to the top of my land with my dogs in this brilliant sunshine and didn't mind the cold a bit.  Sadie, just 10 weeks old or so, pulled on the leash the entire way.  She's so little I could hold it with my pinky, but she kept it taut all the way up and down.  Not surprisingly Sadie is taking a nap right now.  I'm trying to decide if I should run up to JoAnn's fabrics in New Hartford to take advantage of the 50% off thread sale.  I use tons of thread and it can get pricey.  I could stop at Bridgewater on the way and have a good chance of finding a Sunday NY Times - hard to get around these parts.  After the forced march up the hill behind the school with my students on Friday, then shearing yesterday, I'm a bit wasted.   Fortunately sewing is a sitting-down activity and so is reading the paper.  If I could only find that half-price coupon in this chaos called my purse...

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Glad you liked them :)
HUGS
Kim and the crew