Monday, February 28, 2011

Bella Back Inside


I brought Bella back inside last night. She was not doing very well in the barn. I noticed she was not jumping up to run over to me when I went out with the bottles. I am usually swarmed with lambs when the bottles appear. I stood her up and she was very stiff from staying so still. I had taken her sweater off because it was 50F in the barn yesterday, but she was so hot I could feel the heat through my sweater. I gave her a shot of LA200 for the fever and laid her under the coffee table, her favorite place. I went back outside to do chores and returned a couple of hours later to find her in the bedroom in a pile of laundry. Matt had gone to bed and sick and she followed him in there. Poor little Bella. I put her back under the coffee table and slept on the sofa next to her. She seems better this morning and "talked" to me when I was getting her bottle ready. I don't think Bella is ready to be a member of the flock just yet. She is resting this morning with Auntie Carol Crayonbox's lovely sweater on. I received a package with three beautiful, warm, soft sweaters from my friend, Carol, who makes the fabulous felted bags from my wool. I really appreciate all the terrific hand-knitted lamb sweaters I received from people this winter. There was love in every stitch.

No comments: