Thursday, July 21, 2005

Another hot day...

The heat continues...we feed the flocks in the late evening when the worst of the heat is abated. Last night there was a gigantic orange full moon coming up over the field....just stunning. I love being outside all the time. Without the livestock, I would be at the wheel or the dyepot or the soap pot (or the kitchen sink and stove) most of the time. I much prefer the great outdoors. I used to be a rabid housekeeper. People would joke, "Don't put your glass down, she will wash it!" Now the dishes hardly get washed at all. When the sink fills up and there are no more teaspoons, I wash. Having a dish washer would help...When we build the bed and breakfast I'll put in two dishwashers, one for me and one for a helper (fantasies are free, right?)

I have a ton of dyed BFL and Corriedale wool, mohair and angora ready to go to Frankenmuth. It is always exciting to drive up and see the big boxes waiting for me. I have an idea of what it will look like, but then one color takes over and I am surprised.

Lydia, my new cat is going to be fixed today. I found her on the side of the road with her five kittens. I was turning a curve, almost home from work, when I saw two little kittens sitting right on the side of the road. I pulled over and tip toed over to them, ofcourse they scrambled. There were three more, waiting for mom to come back from foraging. I brought food for them for two weeks before I could catch them all....not an easy task. They are some of the nicest cats I have ever had. Now that I have bought a 200 cow dairy barn, I can keep them all!!!!

No comments: