Monday, December 09, 2013

Plowshares Peace Festival

Plowshares was wonderful this past weekend.  The ice and snow had not reached our area yet and allowed us to travel to Syracuse without mishap.  We set up and the crowds came.  Kim and I had so much fun.  Our booth was well-stocked with goodies.  Kim's lovely hand spun yarn was a big hit.  My soap and hand creme  was very well received.  There were many talented hand bag designers at this show.  I was thrilled when Kim offered to trade her hand spun with me for my Butch Messenger Tote.   I saw many hand made designer bags walking by my booth and got some neat ideas for future totes.  This young soldier's wife made a bag out of her husband's uniform.  I think it's very clever.  Stephanie Cross once again invited us to stay at her comfy home complete with wood stove, rocking chair and lap kitty on Pompey Center Road so we wouldn't have to travel back to the farm Saturday night.  The barn and out buildings look like a Swedish homestead.   She entertained us with a lovely dinner and gave us her guest room with a perfectly firm mattress.  I slept like a baby for seven luxurious hours straight and woke up ready for another day of making friends at Plowshares.



No comments: