Sunday, September 26, 2010

Jupiter Standing Guard


I've been enjoying Jupiter shining brightly next to the full moon for the last few nights. It's so bright the moon didn't outshine it the way it does with other stars. Now the moon is gone and Jupiter is still there, just over the edge of the piney ridge that runs along my farm. I love to watch the stars when I'm outside taking care of the animals in the dark. The stars keep me company. I didn't get as much done as I hoped this weekend but I did a bit. I got three bags cut out and quite a bit of fiber picked, washed and dyed. I'm trying to get one more run done for NY State Sheep and Wool in three short weeks. This one will have a lot of mohair in it, which is harder to pick. The locks felt together on the goats so quickly and any bit of weeds and seeds stick like glue. When it's washed and dyed, however, the texture is amazing. This run will be Pumpkin Orange, one of my favorite Jacquard colors. It's nine now and I've just come in from chores. I've got pots boiling in the milk room and a big bag of mohair to pick tonight in front of the TV. I hoped to do some sewing but don't think so. Matt is coming home from the Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival. I told him not to register for next year. It's just not happening over there. We gave it two years and they are not getting the people in, and taking way too many vendors. I'm lucky in that I usually do better than some and not as much as others, but time away from the farm is so precious I only want to do the good ones. Gotta get a little dinner and put in a few minutes on the sofa. Back to my other job tomorrow.

No comments: