Saturday, September 04, 2010

Coolness


It's a lovely 60 F. on my milk room steps where the thermometer lives. Matt is off to the farmer's market with my little trailer full of goods. The special order bag for the Hamilton psychiatrist is with him, hope she likes it. I'm doing chores then motoring off to New Jersey to visit the young couple and attend Lisa's baby shower. I have the Kai bag all ready. Mia will put some goodies in the pockets before we present it to Lisa. I'll be back Monday morning early to get ready for school on Tuesday. Summer is over. Bite the bullet. I know I'm not alone. Teachers everywhere taking deep breaths, throwing back their shoulders, lifting their chins and opening the classroom doors to face the skraelings. Gotta deal. My kitties and puppies will wonder where the woman went. They'll fall into their routine of sleeping all day and going crazy when they hear me pull in. That's when my second job begins with chores and crafts at night. I find the fall very invigorating, and I would rather face a blizzard than the insane heat we've had this summer. Yikes, that heat was awful. I was almost wishing I had AC at least in one room. My little asthmatic kitty was fainting, the chickens stopped laying eggs and the bunnies were flat out in their cages. I wouldn't be surprised if we have another heat wave this month. Let's not even think about it.

No comments: