Thursday, September 30, 2010

Build An Ark


Heavy rain going on out there. When it's like this I take the doggies out in the barn to do their morning business. Tanner hates the rain and won't do her business standing in it anyway. The sheep pee on the hay pack all the time, so why can't the dogs. My Tommy Boy is down. I hope it's temporary. I adore that old billy goat, Moonbeam's son. I gave him Banamine, Vit. B., LA200, and put a bale of lovely green Postma hay next to him. If this keeps up I have to call Dr. Rachel. Hope she's on duty. My old cargo trailer with my farm booth contents is starting to leak. Cheap piece of crap, I paid good money for that trailer. Matt helped me pull a tarp over it last night. Can't have my Mother Fiber, Bundaflicka Totes and soap getting rained on. I'll be doing the Hamilton market on Saturday. I'm looking forward to seeing my market friends and getting some shaving cups from Susanne Farrington. I trade wool for her lovely cups, then pour clove bud soap into them. They do quite well, especially around holiday time - a unique guy gift. Speaking of guys...Matt was invited by the Department of Energy to go to a conference in Atlanta and sit on a panel. The Feds want his input. I asked him if this star-power could somehow result in more money, but he said no, remember he works for a non-profit. Just my luck. No lounging at home on a rainy day for me - back to the salt mines.

1 comment:

Tiggeriffic said...

We had lots and lots of rain and this week has been sunny and in the 60's.. I'm from Iowa. where the tall corn grows..
TOok my grandson, Ben to my friend's house that has boar goats. Couple of her goats has pnemonia and they sound just awful. I feel bad because these are beautiful goats.. She called me this morning and said she had a mother goat give birth to a set of twins. So when Ben gets done with Pre-School and I pick him up we will go to Barb's to see the new goats.. Hope your goat gets to feeling better.. Have a great day.