Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Lucky Me

Matt made me a poppy seed bagel with lox, cream cheese, onion and tomato for breakfast this morning. I got my mushy card - something with kittens looking into a toilet and a message that said he flushes with excitement every time he sees me! How cool is that! He gave me a coffee pot for my room at school and two pounds of coffee. I also received a big red bottle of Clairol Herbal Essence shampoo with "Long Lasting Relationship" on the label. Came in very handy since I had been washing my hair with a bar of my own soap (worked okay!) I went to school and was thrilled to find lots of goodies on my desk! I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning!! Once I collected myself I dove in...there was a ceramic pumpkin decorated with silver coils, a sheep pen and chocolate covered expresso beans from Laurie, a beautiful set of stoneware kitten dishes, a pound of D.D. coffee and a chocolate cake from Gretchen, and a primitive window frame with checkered curtain from Kelly. These gals are terrific!! I had happy birthday wishes all day. Career Academy is a great place to work on your birthday! I got my coffee pot set up and running. What a difference a day makes. Yesterday I was making stops for critter supplies and things I need for show stuff this weekend, and I got the first traffic ticket in 30 years for overdue inspection!!! AND I lost my debit card!! I'm almost afraid to leave this safe, warm, dry building to venture out into the cold and rain to go home. I wanted to go to Barnes and Noble tonight but I think I will stay home and make hand creme for this weekend. Maybe I will pick up some eggplant parm from Frank's in New Berlin. Home is the best place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

The DD coffee was from Ted...just so you know.

Kathleen said...

Happy belated birthday! So sweet that Matt gave the mushy little card and goodies. And goodies from school, too! Wow, I'm envious...