Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Come On! Let's Go!






When I open the gate they come running out of the barn. It's wonderful to watch them spill out onto the green grass. I want to get them out on grass as much as possible before it's covered with a couple of feet of snow. Most of them made a bee-line to the apple orchard, where they can munch to their heart's content. Some go to the high meadow, where I parked today and yesterday to watch them graze. If only I had a tractor I could plant a field of turnips for them. Sheep are crazy about them and dig them up themselves to eat them. When the sun was almost down and I was satisfied they weren't going to run away I went back to the barn to do evening chores, cutting up soap, and sewing. I'm under the weather, must have picked up something in school - fever, chills and headache. Can't give into it - too much to do so close to a big show. Matt's not homem. I have a workshop tomorrow at the support services building on computer use - which I sorely need. It's appropriately titled, "Wazzat?" ...something I often say to students and colleagues.

No comments: