Wednesday, January 07, 2015

My Workshop

Construction continues on my workshop.  The soap making kitchen is almost ready for use, when the large stainless steel sink is cut in.  The opposite side of this wall will be lined with tall cabinets for storing my fabric safely.  There will be a large cutting table in the middle of the room with a platform and doors underneath for storage.  The pantry closet is completed and will be filled with canned food, jam jars, etc.  I actually have a broom closet for the first time in many years.  It will be wonderful to work in a room with natural light coming in from both sides, so important when working with fibers and cloth.   The knotty pine is a lovely wood, my choice, and is a resource renewable in 20 years, unlike maple and oak, which takes 60-80 years to grow.  The back splash is an easy-to-clean  commercial kitchen product which will stand up against lye and other caustic substances.  The formica is really pretty, thrifty, and indestructible - a necessity for me with all the chopping and cutting I do.  Estimated time of completion is early spring.  It can't come too soon for me.

.

1 comment:

Penny said...

YAY for you! It is going to be a wonderful workspace! :)