Friday, October 24, 2014

Week After Rhinebeck


This time last week I was scrambling to get ready for NY Sheep and Wool, going full tilt between work, farm and product, wondering if I was going to pull it all together.  Well, it came together like a perfect storm of wonderfulness.  The ride through the Catskills was gorgeous with weather cooperating nicely.   Kim and Daryl met me at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds and got the Maggie's Farm machine going.  My booth was bursting with colorful balls of wool, yarn and goodies.  Bundaflicka on parade in all her glory.   We retreated to the Everready Diner for dinner, then tucked ourselves into Kim and Daryl's motel room.  Up early for showtime.  Mia met us Saturday am and the crowds came in force.  Is Rhinebeck ever not well attended?  All the hard work, investment of time and $$, paid off with the most heady experience I've had since the last time I did Rhinebeck.  I felt humbled and completely validated through the weekend.   Mia stayed with us Saturday night and through Sunday before she returned to New Jersey to prepare for her departure to Panama for a vacation with her pal, Lisa Palmer.  I was thrilled she was there to share in a most successful weekend.  Daryl minded the booth while Kim, Mia and I roamed the fairgrounds taking it all in.  I was definitely in my element, with every form of fiber art imaginable on display, complete with the people who raise the animals, like me!  As the mundane work week grinds on with every problem imaginable presenting itself between work and home, my mind wanders back to an incredibly wonderful wooly weekend.

1 comment:

The socklady said...

I took my Maggie bag to Desert Mesa in Cache Creek and there was another one there as well it had been a gift from a friend of Gails from PA.