Sunday, August 10, 2014

Plenty of Grass



For the second year in a row the lower hillside is lush with grass in August.  Not so two years ago when the hillside was dust by this time.  The sheep and goats are loving it.  They still sneak up to the upper field where I am hoping to grow a second cut.  That would be wonderful, but I doubt it.  We are having some cold nights and the leaves are starting to change. When the sheep and goats see me coming they start filing back down to where I want them to graze, like naughty children with their hands caught in the cookie jar.  But then, the grass is always greener.... I have another week of summer school, then two short weeks to celebrate summer on the farm.  I'll have to make the most of it. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos -reminds me of my former upstate NY home - just wanted to say thanks and I love looking at the pictures of your farm, animals, family, crafts.