Saturday, May 17, 2014

They're Back!

Stepped outside in the rain last night for a breath of fresh air during chores.  Was delighted to see a little hummingbird buzzing around the feeder close to the house.  Two more were dancing around the feeder out by the big pine tree.  They were very energetic, as if they had just flew in and were happy to see their sugary juice waiting for them.  Maybe they were trying to keep warm in the cold rain.  When I woke up this morning I looked out the window and sure enough, there she was, at the feeder by the thermometer that reads 28 F!  This weather is wild.  Hot all last week, so much so we took the windows out of the barn to let the cross breeze through.   I adore hummingbirds.  In all my life in NJ I had only one at my feeder.  Up here in NY we have lots of them.  Off to the market.  Would love to stay under the covers but no way.  Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: