Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Color Purple



I adore the color purple.  Happens to be one of my all time favorite movies, too.  I made this tote for myself and carried it all winter, in and out of the truck, tossing it on the floor, under my desk where it's kicked back and forth all day, then dragged up the steps when my arms are about to rip off with groceries, feed bags, etc.  It never shows a ding or a scratch.  No guilt here as this soft-as-buttah fabric is faux leather.  It never walked the earth enjoying God's green grass and sunshine.  I have a limited supply as I bought the six yard piece on line.  I'm offering it now, ahead of Maryland Sheep and Wool, where I'm confident it will fly out of the booth.  At 17 inches high by 22 inches wide it could take you to London for a weekend, or hold a quilt on the way to a guild meeting.  The lovely Gunlocke upholstery lining has six large side-to-side pockets with two inner pockets big enough to hold your electronics or a nightie - whatever you need.  The hand made sheep horn button by Cornerstone Fibres sets off the faux leather nicely with a natural element.   A cedar wood insert supports heavy items.  The Purple Tote is available at www.bundaflicka.etsy.com.

Good news!  This bag is sold!  I have enough purple pleather for one more this size.  Many thanks to my friend in Virginia!

No comments: