Sunday, October 27, 2013

Susanne

Susanne Farrington is a local potter and felter.  She makes the lovely mugs I use for my Goat Milk Soap Shaving Mugs.  Susanne likes my roving and will trade her mugs for my wool.  It's a great arrangement.   I brought some mugs home with me from the Hamilton market yesterday.  Susanne did a brisk business on Colgate University's Parents Weekend market day.  The weather was windy and cold.  Susanne's beautiful and artsy hats flew out of her booth.  Her mugs are very sturdy and durable.  I use them all the time at home for my tea and coffee.  The handles never break off and the non-skid bottoms are very nice.  There's no chipping or cracking like so many other mugs I've used over the years.  Must be some very good clay she uses.  That's my blue wool on the tote bag.  I've taken lessons from Susanne but the felting thing is just not happening for me - yet.

No comments: