Thursday, August 15, 2013

Blue Skies

Looks like the weather has taken a turn for the better.  Might get some wool dried today.  Many bags of wet wool lying around with two giant dye pots still on the stove waiting to be rinsed.  Maybe Kim will get them out on the rack for me while I'm away for a long weekend.   Very much looking forward to seeing the kids again.  Weather permitting we are taking off in Eric's Ural motorcycle to Booth Bay Harbor for a whale watching excursion.  It was almost 20 years ago I was on the deck of a cruise ship playing shuffleboard when a giant whale tale came up out of the water and flipped water all over me.  What a thrill.  I spent some time cutting out bags last night.  I've had this fabric for a couple of years and oh, it is lovely.  Very easy for me to sit down and sew, forgetting about "other things" I should be doing, but sewing is much more fun and I love the results.  I'm blitzing through my white Bluefaced Leicester fleeces, and oh, are they wonderfully soft.  Like buttah....but very, very light.  How can great big sheep have such  a small amount of wool?  They are great sheep, healthy, need no grain, friendly, but I wish they grew more wool.  Long range plans include fewer sheep that carry more wool.  My chickens are giving fewer eggs, which I put into my "kitty stew" every night.  It's oatmeal with nanners and honey for me lately, and, yes, good strong coffee.

No comments: