Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday Morning

Lovely to sit outside in the coolness of the morning and watch my sheep graze in the mist.  Mother hens are leading their chicks around, teaching them how to scratch in the dirt and drink droplets of dew off the blades of grass.  New Age music is floating out from the barn and hummingbirds are buzzing over my head.  The sheep are staying close as there is still so-much-grass on the lower hillside.  What a difference a year makes.  Last summer this time the hillside was dusty and covered with thistles.  The sheep kept running up top where I was trying to grow some second cut.  Couldn't blame them.  They were hungry.  Still thinking about the moonlight swim last night with the burning fuschia and mango sunset filtering through the cattails and reeds.  Wispy storm clouds partially obscured the moonglow.  No little boy to push me around on the raft but that's okay.

. Should be full moon tonight.  I'll be there. 

No comments: