Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wool Work

I've been spending a bit of time on wool again, after my dyes were delivered from Dharma in California.  I'm really liking the colors.  I'm dyed some wool with Extreme Blue and Blazing Orange.  The citric acid mordant works fantastically well making the dye stick to the wool.  We want our dyed fiber to be as colorfast as possible.  That's how I met my friend, Carol Crayonbox.  She got in touch with me to tell me some wool she purchased from me was not colorfast!  The cats love when I put wool out to dry in the sun.  Even though I put a length of fencing over the wool to keep it from blowing away in the wind, the cats think the warm fiber is very comfy cozy. The coziest spot of all is on the dye stove.  Tonight I had company when I was stirring the boiling wool.  In the winter my cats sit directly on the stove, incredibly, between the big pots, and keep warm.  




No comments: