Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Waiting...

Good things come to those who wait, isn't that what they say?  Right now I'm waiting for my next class to come in.  The St. Patrick's Day Leprechaun drawing tutorial is ready to go.  Paper, pencils, markers, all on the tables.  I'm watching the rain, waiting for it to turn into the ice and snow that will make my trip back home to the farm absolutely miserable. I'm always worried about getting home to my animals.  My truck is packed with blankets, a shovel, a jar with a candle, matches, my headlight, etc.   Gotta deal.  A few teachers stayed home today, including my aide, so I'm glad I made it in.  Our staff is so small that whenever anyone is out, particularly in bad weather when subs don't want to come in, it matters.  Good to be needed.  I work with the nicest people in the world and don't want to make things harder for them.  Tomorrow will be a different story after snowing all night and high winds predicted.  I have lots of firewood, propane and hay.  Will stop on the way home to get something special to cook for spouse's birthday today.  This morning, while we were discussing a possible overnight in Syracuse if he can't make it home,  he said he is so pretty he should be a kept man.  Okay, if you can find somebody to keep you then God Bless, go party.  I don't blame you a bit.  Quite frankly I planned on being a kept woman myself.  Life is what happens when you are making other plans.

No comments: