Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pumpkins!

I brought pumpkins in to school today to carve in my studio art classes.  It was a lot of fun, and the kids did a great job.  I put votive candles in them and turned the lights off.  The pre-schoolers came through our class Trick or Treating.  I loved it.  Took my mind off the sadness going on three hours south of here.  Mia says Morristown is still in a terrible mess.  Lines for gasoline are 50 cars long.  She spends a lot of time in the hospital, which has power and places for nurses to sleep and shower.  I don't want her climbing to the third floor of her apartment building in the dark.  I'm hoping to get down there to see her and make those curtains, but should wait until I can plug in my sewing machine.  There is one more market day on Saturday but the weather forecast says 39 F.  Wonder if the peeps will come out.  I would like to see my vendor friends one more time before we break for winter.  Andrew and Jason did a good job of scraping out the area of my barn where I walk back and forth doing chores and mixing kitty stew.  Still so much to do.  I've developed an attitude about it.  The work will be there when I get to it.  If I can get the young men in to help once in a while I will do it.  Waiting on Stan's son to come and clean out the sheep area with his machines and spread the poop on the fields.  Looking forward to getting more hay in next year.  The sheep love, love, love the first cut round bales I'm feeding them now.  47 left on November 1.  Won't get through the winter on what I have and will have to buy more.  Should get that in now before the snow flies and the elevator freezes.  Momma knocked down the wire fence and took her lambs out of the barn.  She was very antsy.  Kept the one month old ewe lambs out after dark.  Will go out there now to make sure she brings them in.  Won't be able to grain her when she's out with the flock and I know she'll miss it.  Price to pay for freedom....

No comments: