Sunday, August 19, 2012

My Baby! My Baby!

I'm loving my little ram lambs, born days ago when Father Aaron was visiting.   Who knows how long it took for Miss Mamie to bring them down the big hill to the barn, tiptoeing along, coaxing them every step of the way.  What a wonderful devoted mother she is.  I know mama would love to be out of the barn, back up on the hill with her babies, but they are too tiny and fragile.  An eagle or hawk, or sneaky coyote could snatch them up so easily.  No, they are safe in the barn with Thor tied next to them.  Yes, coyotes have been known to go in the barn and steal animals.  Some farmers play the radio all the time to keep them out.  I'm bottle feeding the smaller twin as his brother tends to monopolize the one working teat.  The little guy stays close to mama but rushes to me when he sees me coming.  So cute!  I don't go far as mama gets very upset and only allows me the time it takes to down half a bottle before the yelling starts.

No comments: