Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Kitty Company


We are fast approaching the time when Hannah and Luke will go home to their new life in Maine.  Eric and Annie have been living in the tiny staff headquarters at Camp Hinds BSA facility while waiting for the closing to go through on their beautiful Cape Cod style home in Gorham, Maine.  I always go through a "kiddie withdrawal" when Hannah and Luke go home.  They are the easiest, most undemanding kids in the world and I love to have them on the farm in the summer when I'm home from school.   Hannah and Luke never complain about being bored or whine about going home.  Their parents are always taking them on exciting adventures with the Boy Scouts or in Eric's plane.  They are happy with whatever food I give them, a miracle since Annie is a world class cook and I know they have fabulous meals on a daily basis, when they are not frequenting their favorite restaurants.   I will have plenty to keep me busy, with fall shows fast approaching but I still miss them.  I'll have many sentient beings to keep me company, including kitties who love to sleep on my sewing machine table.

No comments: