Monday, August 13, 2012

Lean On Me

I love being home with my little friends over the summer.  Once September comes I'm always bombing out the door, leaving the critters to while away the day until feeding time in the evening. Everyone has their job - growing wool, guarding the critters, keeping the rats away, laying eggs, etc.  Some kitties are so adorable they become house kitties.  Portia is letting Tinkerbell use her as a pillow.  Portia thinks she belongs in the house and knows how to pop out the bathroom screen to get inside.  Tinkerbell is so cute she can stay in the house all she wants.  I wouldn't mind if she caught the mouse who likes to run across the stove while I'm cooking.  Yes, this mouse seems to wait until I get dinner going to come out.  I'm a big strong farm girl but the sight of a long tailed grey furry thing streaking across my stove always gives me a start - and sometimes a shriek. 

No comments: