Monday, October 18, 2010

Hunks O' Soap




Before I started pouring molten soap into mugs I poured it into copy paper box lids. I'm still doing it. People are fascinated by these funky, earthy blocks. I've never been one to make fancy, artificially colored soap, preferring the natural beauty and color of the miraculously saponfied oils and fats. I love the way some of the unmelted chips and slivers show through, giving the block a granite look. The customers must have liked it, too, as this basket was almost empty when the show was over.

4 comments:

Suzanne@ Panteg Alpacas said...

Hi , stop by my blog there is a surprise for you , thanks for all your blogs they're great

Dan said...

Hi Maggie:
Your fantastic blog has me feeling like I was at the show. I had been a bit worried for you as you packed up on that rainy, chilly night in preparation for the show. You seemed to be questioning whether it was all worth it. I am glad that the weekend reinvigorated you and that it was such a success. The various people that you showcase with their bundaflicka purchases were great....I am not a fashion maven but I do see how the red head bought the perfect bag, and how the 2 sisters bought a great set of matching bags (Uma Thurman would have looked good with that red bag as well....oh well, her loss). It's great that you have this great friend Kimmie tht you can depend on. I have one friend like that and I certainly see the similarities (did she bring you any coffee this time.....see, I have read enough of your blog to now know some of the interesting details about the good people on the farm). Pleased to hear (and see) that the camera came in handy. I hope one day to bring my kids (13 & 14 yrs old) up to visit you at a show or at your farm.

Best regards, Dan.

Kathleen said...

Hi again Maggie! How can I get one or two of those hunks o' soap? I'm itching to try one!

Henya said...

The chunks were absolutelly amaizing. Someone said they looked like cake. Kim's Hobby warned that they were not for eating.
Might have been a cleansing experiense.