Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Eeeek!


I winced when I picked up this bag of Mother Fiber roving from Frankenmuth. I was grateful they were able to card it for me with such short notice and bring it to Rhinebeck for me, but the angora was shredded and it just didn't look the way I imagined. It was made from old wool, mohair and llama I unearthed in the tractor shed, with lots of nice angora. Kimmie Cornerstone was in love at first sight. I was almost ashamed to put it out but she insisted. She was right - it sold steadily through the weekend, a miracle to me since we were surrounded by lovely roving in our building. The spinners and felters all said the same thing, this is unique! I demonstrated spinning with this roving, and it made a pretty tweedy yarn, with the chartreuse angora standing out nicely. It sold out, without leaving a single pound ball for Kim. I can't possibly duplicate it. I sent Kim home with some natural Rambouillet and Merino/Bfl roving for her to spin and dye just the way she likes it. I know she will come up with something stunning, as she always does.

2 comments:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Yummy yummy yummy :) Lovely wool -so springy and soft -can't wait to spin it all!!!
HUGS
Kim

Henya said...

I was in love with it. This rowing is so beutiful! The yarn you made with it was amaizing. If you ever want to sell it, just let me know. I would love to buy it.