Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Are We Having Fun Yet?


Time to get suited up to do chores. It's still raining here, with no stars or light of dawn peeking over the ridge to make going outdoors any kind of pleasant. The animals don't care, they just want their morning attention. Before he left Matt piled bales up in the cart by the barnyard fence so I could just toss them over to the sheep. I won't throw those lovely, soft, green bales on the wet ground to get soggy while the sheep wait inside the barn for their food. So last night I hauled the big bales back into the barn. Have to do the same this morning. The pig and duck pens are on the other side of the barn where there are no lights at all. Thankfully I have new batteries in my head light. The pigs are getting big enough to go in the freezer, but I think I'll wait another couple of weeks. Once the hoses start to freeze I think they will have to go. I'll miss the boys and plan on more piglets for the spring. I'm not getting enough done at night. Have to drop off a sewing machine to a guy in Norwich. Hope he gets it done quickly and doesn't charge me an arm and leg. This is my best one and the oldest. I paid $75 for it with the cabinet and can't be without it. Poor machine is begging for help, with a shredded drive band and a motor that's moaning and groaning. Speaking of moaning and groaning - I better stop stalling, gulp more coffee and get to work.

1 comment:

Tiggeriffic said...

Here in Iowa we have had our share of rain...SO I am enjoying the sunshine that is suppose to be on us for a week.. It's 44 degrees this morning and the day will warm into the 60's.. Very nice. Those little piggies are so pink and so cute. But they sure do stink.. Pink piggies I would think would have to be careful being in the sun too long.. sunburn that lovely pink... Have a great day~!