Saturday, October 02, 2010

Back from Market


Up early to pack up and head for the market in Hamilton. Cool to cold all day despite bright sun. The Colgate Homecoming crowd was not in a buying mood but I still managed to sell two shaving mugs. I have so much to do for the Rhinebeck show but wanted to connect with Potter/Felter Susanne Farrington to pick up more of these fabulous mugs. Susanne loves to felt with my fiber and trades her mugs for my wool. Now I have plenty for Rhinebeck. Hannah called to chat and tell me she loves the boots I sent her. The bright orange suede high-heeled pair is her favorite. I thought she would like the embroidered Frye boots the best but I should have known fashion plate Hannah would like the stylish pair. I visited with fiber friend Susan Carr and Candace Cain, designer of the "Clan of Candace" earrings I adore. The market was over before I knew it and I took my earnings to where else but Tractor Supply and Price Chopper, conveniently located right down the road from the market square. Who did I bump in to but my right-hand-girl, Robin, my aide, in Price Chopper. We were in the Norwich Price Chopper yesterday with our class, shopping for our class. It was a lovely outing, and made us feel like a family buying food for our home. Robin and I try to make them feel like our class is their home away from home. Back to my home on the farm to let the sheep out to graze on this fabulous grass before the frost hits, which may be tonight. Chores await and tidying up the little corner of the apartment which acts as a kitchen before I can put these groceries away. I keep saying I will do a good cleaning of this apartment but it will have to wait until after Rhinebeck. I've plugged in one of the sewing machines donated to me and it sews just fine, thank you Lord. Many nascent Bundaflicka Bags are waiting in the wings.

No comments: