Monday, January 28, 2008

The Late Show


Went out to do my last barn check before I wake up Matt for his shift. Prudence was butting away her new lamb who was trying to nurse. She kept dancing around this way and that, trying to get to the teat, for the teat is life itself, and mom would butt her away. I watched for a while then became slightly annoyed. I got in the pen and did one of my Rulan Gardner wrestling moves, pinning Mom up against the rail with my body, restraining her head and rear with my arms. She didn't fight me as much as I thought she would. Little ewe lamb ran under her mother and latched on to a teat. I was very satisfied, leaning my head on the wooly back while listening to sucking and slurping underneath. This went on for about ten minutes then I let Prudence go. She didn't leap away, just stood there wondering what happened. Maybe there is hope for them...but I am off to bed.

2 comments:

Nathan's Farm said...

Maggie i love to hear about these lambs and I remeber where this picture was takien.well have a great day

Anonymous said...

Keep us up to date on the progress of Prudence and her baby. Not like you don't have a ton of other things to think about.