Sunday, January 28, 2007

Thor


Thor has the cutest freckles on a pink spot on his snout. Don't know how he got them...his litter mates, Finn and Knut, don't have freckles. The three are a mix of Great Pyrennees, Polish Tatra, Turkish Anatolian, and Italian Maremma. I think Thor looks more Maremma than anything else. Their job is to protect the sheep from any intruders, animal or human. I purchased the boys from an Amish farmer in Clyde, New York up by the Fingerlakes. They are healthy, happy and lots of fun but have yet to be proven...hope they never have to! At 11 months old I'm not sure if they know what their job is...

2 comments:

Edith said...

Hi Maggie,
I just wanted to leave a note to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog. We lived in DeWitt for 15 years ('80s-'90s) and now live in Arizona. I'm sure that I never thought about farms when we lived up there. After we moved to AZ, I learned how to spin and now I think about farms a LOT!

Rosey in AZ

Windyridge said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. We moved up here from CT 14 years ago.
I used to ride my horses in the Brookfield trail system.