Sunday, January 21, 2007

Barn Kitties


Barn kitties do an important job. Before I had my kitties I had a few older lap cats in the house (I would never dream of letting a cat outside). Then the rats moved in. They were everywhere, even chewing the wires in the truck engine and squeezing into the bunny cages to eat their pellets. The floor of this barn was undermined by rat tunnels years ago, and we knew they would come back when we moved in. They did try, and judging by the only 2 rat corpses we found, and the few rat screams in the night, we think the cats won. I take very good care of my barn kitties. I feed them regularly and get them fixed. A well-fed healthy kitty can work better than a starving cat burdened with kittens. When it's really cold some of them take a break and sleep with me in the trailer. It's tough policing a 20,000 square foot barn and they need a vacation once in a while!

No comments: