Thursday, March 05, 2015

Triplets!!!

While I was giving bottles to the Big Black Twins I heard a little cry.  Okay, I thought, I'll be there in a minute.  Can't you suck any faster???  I got my Nutri Drench bottle and started creeping slowly back to the far end of the barn.  I found the black ewe in the trench behind the stanchions.  Phew!  They are not chilled, they are standing, looking good, then another pair of legs behind her!  Triplets!  I have never had triplet lambs, not ever!  What a thrill.  All three looking good, one a little small.  Two rams and a ewe.  oh, and another ewe is in labor!  What a morning....and I thought I was almost done.   Well, maybe I am, and what a way to end my lambing season.  So far - 22 live lambs.  Not bad considering many minus 20 nights and a full time job.  Oh, my poor job.  Another day of calling in "sheep."  I hope they still love me after this. 

No comments: