Sunday, January 13, 2013

Kathy's Studio


Kathy Herold is the founder of the Hamilton Center for the Arts and the head of the Broad Street Gallery in Hamilton.  She is an ardent supporter of the arts in our area and runs programs in her center from ballet to belly dancing to painting to fiber arts.  I wish I had more time to bask in her aura.  With the teaching job, and the farm, and my own artsy world, well, here we are.   I was lucky to take a peek at Kathy's private studio at the Tamale Party she hosted last night.  The color is very inspiring - even more so in the middle of an upstate New York winter.  The paints on Kathy's shelf were manufactured locally in New Berlin at Golden Artist Colors.  I still intend to paint roosters someday when I can get around to it.  So many ideas, so little time.

No comments: