Monday, July 09, 2012

We Have Water

We are looking at another drought but we always have some water on the farm.  We are blessed with many underground streams here on the farm.  If I owned a back hoe I would dig a few ponds.  They are wonderful for wild life, sheep and the dogs who love to take a dip on a hot day.  We have one pond for swimming and another pond, which is more like a puddle, tucked under the piney ridge.  Lindsay Parkinson was thrilled with the tadpoles and frogs who we decided to disturb with our rubber boots.  I plan on building a little guest cabin or two in this lovely spot, next to the apple orchard and shaded by the ridge that lines my farm.  I would like to rehabilitate this puddle into a deeper pond someday.  There is a fine science to building ponds and you have to get someone in who knows what he is doing.  In the meantime Knut doesn't mind.  This pond is just right for him.

No comments: