Saturday, July 28, 2012

Helpers

They can look as droopy, drowsy and bored but when I say time for chores they snap to it.  Boots go on and we go to work.  Hannah fills all the water buckets, hanging for the sheep and pans for the dogs and chickens.  She carries water to the White Boys and cats on the porch and milk room steps, filling all the carriers back up before she goes inside.  Luke collects all the eggs in the chicken room and goes on an "eggspedition" to find the free range chicken eggs around the barn.  I mix the kitty stew, with dry kibble, water, eggs and a fishy cat food can all mixed together.  The barn chickens and cats jump up on the plywood table to lick the delicious concoction I'm mixing with my hands.  They drink it so fast I have to add more water.  I'm not putting out much hay now, but with Zack separated and in the back pen with John-John, Monkey's buck from two years ago, we have to get a bale out to them every day.  Luke and Zack are great friends.  Cracked corn helps.

No comments: