Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Stay Cool


Woke up with a start when a thunder storm came over the barn. There is something about this little valley that holds on to a storm. BOOM BANG! The doggies were not happy and laid up against me and over me for comfort. Then the house was quiet, way too quiet. No power. I immediately thought oh, no coffee. I technically could make coffee as I have a gas stove and need only to put a match to the burner to boil water. Flicking the switch on the coffee pot is much easier. Heating the milk in the microwave is so convenient. I love my electric power. Someday I want to build a little guest cabin under the ridge near the apple orchard and the hidden pond, with no electricity and oil lamps for light. Wouldn't that be pretty in the fall? For now I am going to stay cool and imagine rolling in the icy snow. It's going to another hot steamy one. Thor has the right idea.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As much as I try to think about cool stuff like snow and ice cream, I walk outside and just melt. LOL Try to stay cool.

Henya said...

We looke at the temperatures and it is actually cooler here. Want to visit?