Monday, June 20, 2011

So Much Fabric, So Little Time


Carol Crayonbox and her tailor sidekick, John, hit the Gunlock Furniture Factory Fabric Sale a couple times a year. They pick up fabulous office furniture upholstery fabric that is really pretty and wears like iron. Carol and John were very kind to offer me some of their cache of fabric and brought it to the Bouckville show for me. I love having such artistic personal shoppers who drive the distance (Gunlocke is three hours from me), fight the crowds and sort through the heavy bolts for me. They just can't stand to let good deals go by. Some of the fabric is a dollar a yard or less! Most of it is suitable for linings, but my Bundaflicka totes are famous for their pretty linings so I'm happy to have it. Robin came to work this morning hopping around and spouting off about a new handbag artist at the farmer's market who does tie-dyed bags. She carried on so about it, and Robin doesn't get too excited about anything, that I decided I have to check out the new bags. Why haven't I wandered over to the other side of the park to check out my competition? Tell the truth, I don't really care about competition as I'm just doing my own thing and having fun...but the way Robin kept saying "OH my GOD they are CUTE and I REALLY WANTED ONE but they were FORTY-FIVE dollars, and OH, they were quilted and OH her husband does the tie-dying and OH their little kid had on a tie-dyed shirt....on and on. I thought about trying some tie-dying with bag fabric but with all this beautiful Gunlocke fabric I doubt it. We'll see.

2 comments:

Jill L said...

Gunlocke uses a lot of Momentum Fabric, the company I just started with. I see two of ours in that pile for certain. How great! Still working on getting you some Knoll fabric.

Maggie's Farm said...

Oh, Jill! Bless your heart! Thanks so much! I will put it to good use!